Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Goals Wednesday

Wednesday again! Well, my well-laid plans got waylaid by an unexpected bout of pneumonia. Today was my first day back at work, which means I've already accomplished my main goal: make it through the work day without collapsing. I've also completed everything on my constructive worry list, except for one want that has been nagging me - concord grapes. 


my mouth waters just looking at this picture.
{Source}
Normally it would already be nearing the end of the season, but I haven't seen them anywhere. Did I miss them? That doesn't seem possible. I spend way too much money on these grapes every year.The season has been really wonky, since we never really had a proper summer. Some other grapes are just coming in. I'll be calling Whole Foods after I'm done here, because New Seasons and a couple farmer's markets have brought me no grapes! I blame Alton Brown for this. Adam & I were absentmindedly watching Iron Chef America over the weekend and we saw Battle: Grapes and ever since then, I can't get them out of my head!

But, I digress. Goals. Non-grape-related goals. That's what we're here to talk about. I'm going to tentatively say that I would like to start the juice fast next week, although I need to check with all the other participants to see if this will work. It will be nice to have a little community support, but I'm also easing us into it - I've been making juices for breakfast for Adam & I. I haven't had a solid breakfast since we got the juicer. I haven't had any caffeine or alcohol in a while either, since I've mostly been laying on the couch and had no use for either. 

Other than the juicing/preparing for the juice fast, I'm not setting any other hard-and-fast goals this week. I feel pretty pooped after my first day back at work, so for now, the goal is making sure I get completely well and don't push myself too hard. The last thing I want is a pneumonia relapse.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment