Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Opposite of Sleep Deprivation

I've written here & here about sleep deprivation, but that hasn't been so much my problem lately. The latest example: I went to bed at 8:15pm last night and woke up at...6:33am. That's right. I was supposed to be at work at 6am, but I slept right through my alarm and woke up only when Frey (my cat) decided it was time for him to be fed. 


Usually, he's trying to convince me to stay in bed.
I must say that today I had the calmest reaction I've ever had to waking up late. I woke up, went "oh shit, I was supposed to be at work 1/2 hour ago", called my boss & let her know I was running late, then got ready like a normal person. Bus coming in 22 minutes? Fine, I will be ready. I was (and the bus was late), and I got to work at 7:20 in the end, but it was okay. My office is pretty laid back/understanding. What I'm not understanding is why I passed out for ten hours; it's a little concerning. On the upside, I did feel much better today than yesterday, although I can feel the fatigue starting to set in as I type. 


In better news, I've lost 10lbs! I hope it's not fake pneumonia weight loss, but we shall see. I missed a couple days on the weigh-in (not to mention this week's measurements), and I'm just now going to get back to the food journal & fitness log. Hopefully I'll be back to some semblance of normal soon.

1 comment:

  1. I have the opposite problem that you do. I could literally sleep forever. When given the chance I sleep way too long, which in turn causes me to be even more tired. I just love sleeping. Sadly, work means I must get up early and therefore I mostly get about 7 hrs of sleep.

    ReplyDelete